Friday, May 8, 2009

Photo critique: Deep love


I love this picture! The lighting is so visually pleasing. I really like how the colors pop, and the background is dark in contrast! It really lets the subject show, and the point of the photo. There isn't anything I don't like about this photo! Wonderful, and so nice to look at.


Photo taken by: Dorothy Parker- "Mended Heart"

http://www.flickr.com/

Below is a poem written by Dorothy Parker that was below the photo:


They laid their hands upon my head,
They stroked my cheek and brow;
And time could heal a hurt, they said,
And time could dim a vow.
And they were pitiful and mild
Who whispered to me then;
"The heart that breaks in April, child;
Will mend in May again."
Oh, many a mended heart they knew;
So old they were, and wise.
And little did they have to do
To come to me with lies!
Who flings me silly talk of May
Shall meet a bitter soul;
For June was nearly spent away
Before my heart was whole.

-Dorothy Parker, The False Friends

No comments:

Post a Comment